|Gulliver's Travels||All About Scotland||Slaves in the Desert||Classic Ghost Stories|
|Jane Eyre||The Black Tulip|
The prestigious Burlington Activity Readers Series, now with 76 titles, offers an exciting range of classic adaptations, original stories and non-fiction options specially designed for students of ESO and Bachillerato. This full-colour series offers the following key features:
- Grammatical structures and vocabulary are carefully controlled, ensuring each reader corresponds perfectly to the levels and syllabus of the Spanish school system.
- Multilingual introduction and glossary of difficult words translated into Spanish, Catalan, Basque and Galician in every reader.
- Vocabulary and comprehension activities integrated after every two chapters in ESO and after every three chapters in Bachillerato, to consolidate students’ understanding and develop their ability to use textual and visual information.
- Did You Know? boxes with interesting information related to the content of the reader.
- Cross-curricular pages at the end of each reader, to enrich students’ general knowledge by expanding upon a theme from the story.
- Student’s website materials with MP3 recordings, comprehension activities, vocabulary games, book report tasks and a progress report (ESO), and web-based activities (Bachillerato), available in the Student’s Zone.
Teacher’s materials are available from the Teacher’s Zone. They include all the student’s website resources, plus:
- Plot summary
- Background information
- Before and after reading activities
- Final tests in editable format
- Answers to all the reader activities
- General series information leaflet
For a complete overview of the Burlington Activity Readers, click here.
For a complete grammar syllabus of the Burlington Activity Readers, click here.
For tips on how to choose readers best suited for your class, click here.
|Jane Eyre||The Importance of Being Earnest||The Prisoner of Zenda||Les Misérables|
|The Mayor or Casterbridge||A Foreigner in Britain||Moonfleet||The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole|
|The Black Tulip||Three Tales of Terror and Mystery||Tales with a Twist||A Foreigner in New York|
|Oscar Wilde Short Stories||Frankenstein||The Boxer||The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole|